Photos by: Laurel Creative
Dress | Shabby Apple
Shoes | Ego Official
Bag | Pink Haley Handbags
As I mentioned in my last post, Liquid Metallics, I have recently reached my 1 year in the city. As anything in adult life, it all just goes so fast… right? It is hard to believe I have been working and calling this place home for a whole 365 days. But lucky for me it is fall again, which is by far my favorite season of the year (as every white girl) and I am remembering all of the amazing adventures I have gone through since Oct 2015. So check out out below for a complied LIST of my go-to’s, fave things, and places I have LOVED thus far in NYC.
1) MUSIC FESTIVALS. When I moved to BK, I had never been to a music festival before (I am so lame yes, yes) but I was able to attend both Gov Ball and Panorama this past summer, each at Randall’s Island. These were each two of my hands down favorite summer memories. We had such a great crew of people and more Miller Lite’s than you could ever dream of.
2) Birthday Dinner @ Tortilla Flats in Meatpacking. When I turned 23 this past April, I hosted a bday dinner at Tortilla Flats on a Tuesday, which for anyone who doesn’t know is Trivia Night. I blew out the candles on a tequila shot cake and won the PBR chugging contest versus 5 guys. I don’t think I could name a better place to ring in your big day.
3) McCarren Park Picnic’s. Probably similar to Central Park picnic’s but without the tourists, people trying to sell you things and overall lack of security. One random weekend night in the Spring, Kelly & I and our two besties from college and one of the most fun evening picnic’s in the park. We drank, ate, and acted like we were witches once the sun went down. As odd as that sounds, and I swear we aren’t crazy… It was the Merlot speaking.
4) She Loves Me on Broadway. I have seen 4 Broadway shows since moving here and this has been by far my favorite. It is charming, light, funny and romantic. I got to see this show when my dad and sisters were in town and it is going off Broadway soon!!! So get tickets NOW!
5) Saturday Dartying @ Freehold in Brooklyn. Specifically Kelly’s 24th birthday.
6) Day Trip to West Point. I got to witness where my dad spent his first coaching job in football!
7) Witnessing A Live Filming of GMA. Ahhh this was so amaze. Kelly & I, during NYFW, got the opportunity to witness the live filming of Gigi Hadid’s line with Tommy Hilfiger. One.. Gigi is absolutely gorgeous in person, she is also extremely down to earth which was a DELIGHT to see. (I.e our last NYFW post haha). I also got to say hi to my #1 idol in life Sage Steele. Overall an amazing experience and one I recommend to EVERYONE.
8) The Most Epic Sunday Funday with Kyle @ Pinknic. Okay. So it was a random Sunday in the Summer and Mimosas got invited to the picnic festival on Governor’s Island called Pinknic. Kelly was unfortunately too hungover to go so I invited my boyfriend Kyle and it was one of the most BIZARRE events of all time. I mean people were TURNT, wasted, hammered. However Kyle and I being the mature ones we are decided to join in haha. We ended up having such an amazing time, especially once LexiconOfStyle showed up. One of my favorite memories to date!
9) Hotel Chantelle. I don’t know why but this bar/club always has Kelly and I feeling some type of way. I recommend going for brunch! I have way too many memories here to count!
10) Rooftop Parties. My #1 piece of advice… If you are ever invited to someones roof to drink. ALWAYS GO. Rooftop parties are where you will save money, meet a lot of new people, get the gorgeous Instagram pictures, and make you TRULY TRULY feel like you are in New York City over any other city in DA WORLD. This is what makes living in Brooklyn or NY so special. I constantly go out to our roof and gaze and this gorgeous skyline. Growing up in Indiana.. this is SPECIAL and I will always cherish it.
WOW I WROTE A LOT.
Anyone shop my fave midi dresses below 🙂