Here we are again! The beginning of a new year and the ending of an old. 2017 was such a year of highs and lows – lows in what’s happening in the world but highs in my personal life. I almost feel like this year was a bit of a blur, hard for me to recall major moments, I am not sure why but part of me thinks it was because I was so busy I felt at all times. Which leads me into my first resolution..
1. Moments to Myself. My first and most important resolution for 2018. This past year I attended a workout class in NY called THE CLASS by Taryn Toomey. It was amazing. Hands down the best class I have ever taken, I still think to this day about something the instructor said. Simply she put it.. “Take the next 5 mins to yourself.. Find silence in your mind.. This is your 5 mins to give back to yourself.” IT WAS AMAZING! I couldn’t believe that I haven’t taken even 5 mins to myself over this past year. It is so so so important. Even if you can’t attend her class just simple meditation is important.
2. Social Media Downgrade. Last month I deleted Snapchat. It changed not only the amount of times I was on my phone but also the amount of time I was spending wondering what others were doing. Which 50% of the time makes you subconsciously feel bad about your lack of travel, or FOMO, etc. IT SUCKS YA KNO! I know as influencers social media is so important but to me at this point in my life my mental health is more important. IT IS OKAY to give up one of your apps. Whether it be Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Snapchat. Take one and just throw it out the window & for a bit it will feel weird but at the end of a month you’ll feel better.
3. Uber Pools. I always try to have one resolution that deals with $$ (SAVING MONEY). I have seen some people delete Seamless (postmates) in order to cook more and save which is amazing but I don’t think I could do that.. MAYBE 2019?!?! But this year I am going to pledge to only take UBER POOLS. Being in the city I do regretfully uber a lot. Mainly when coming home from the bars at night, or ubering to Kyle’s he lives like 2 miles from me and there isn’t a super direct way to get there. But half of the time I even take an uber pool I end up not picking anyone up andddd saving at least $5!
4. Dry January. So this is an only 1 month resolution but still it works! I honestly can’t remember a weekend that I haven’t had at least once drink.. since college. (I am 24 so it isn’t assssss bad as you may be thinking haha). But this is something I have been wanting to do for awhile now, just haven’t found the month that really works to not drink at all. To get completely honest – I have began to have the worlds worst hangovers which have really set my anxiety out of control and I am just extremely over it. I am sick of wasting days laying in bed. So my sister and I are going to take the month of January and stay sober. Would love you all to join in as well! 🙂 🙂
5. As Always – TRAVEL MORE. This one is, as I said, always on my list of resolutions. Mainly because traveling = more adventure, which = MORE MEMORIES. 2018 is going to be my year of taking chances/risks and I am so excited for it. STAY TUNED.
SHOP THIS LOOK BELOW
Would love to hear your resolutions so plzzz share below! Also our year is starting out on such a high note. We have been so incredibly blessed to be included in the list of up and coming bloggers for 2018. Check out the article HERE!
Not a fan of resolutions, I have decided as a man to declare myself a feminist! This is done in support of all the females in the world !! Check out my last post of 2017 !
Dress The Part
Spencer Wong says
Yes, I also put Social Media Downgrade on my list. Because I work from home, I can’t stop myself from checking messages on my phone when I am working. But I did not delate my social media pages, I just mute my phone and also close all the social media pages and email box before I start work. And it works good so far.
BTW, I really like your earrings. 🙂
Floral Jewels , by Spencer Wong