I always love looking back on these pictures, as this was such a fabulous weekend in the city. I had two of my friends from high school in town and one of them had never been to New York City before! To the people that have lived here for a bit now, we understand that having friends in town means doing the touristy things. Which can sometimes even mean venturing to the dreaded Times Square. Through this past trip I learned that there are many other ways to show off the city and enjoy doing it with them! See below for some of my favorite places to take out-of-towner’s and not be spending hours waiting in line at Black Tap.
P.S – I am not totally in the clear… One of my pictures did end up on Guest of Guest’s Top 10 Places You Should Be Embarrassed to be Seen in NYC… See here. Damn you Loopy Doopy and your $25 drinks.
1) Rent Citi Bikes! We had such an amazing time biking around the city. You can cover a lot of area in a short amount of time! We ended up biking from Williamsburg to Dumbo and it was a super quick and easy trip.
2) Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Skip the douchiness of 230 5th and catch the most amazing view of the city by just walking across this gorgeous bridge.
3) Grab a glass of champs at The Boat House. Chances are you will end up in Central Park. Getting a meal at The Boat House can be a little too touristy or aggressive but stop in for a glass of champagne while enjoying the beautiful boaters in the lake. Then pack a picnic for Sheep’s Meadow! Cheaper & More of the “New Yorker Way!”
4) Out of all of the “Instagrammable Foods” of NYC.. Black Tap, Loopy Doopy, Dominique Ansel, The Butcher’s Daughter… My vote would be The Bagel Store. The rainbow bagels are actually DELICIOUS, and before they went viral The Bagel Store was just an ordinary REALLY amazing bagel shop. As time has passed the lines aren’t as long and you won’t regret it. BLOGGER TIP: After getting your bagel walk down to the intersection of Metropolitan & Roebling, where there is a colored piece of road to take your Instagram!!
5) Rooftop Views to Grab Drinks. I get it. We all want to make our friend’s think we live this amazing lifestyle where we drink with gorgeous NYC views every night. Therefor check out a few of my favorite spots without having to take on midtown’s overrated/overpriced bars. See: Mr. Purple in the Lower East Side, The Whythe Hotel, Norther Territory & McCarren Park Rooftop in Williamsburg.
6) Download the app Stylisted and surprise your friends with an In-House NYC Glam session! This was one of my favorite things I did with my friends! We hired a hair stylist & makeup artist and they came straight to our Williamsburg apt to do our hair & makeup. (See past post for more information on this service.) You can choose the prices you would like and the amount of time you would want them there for. Pop a bottle of champs and enjoy your time with you girl squad!!
Lauren Nakagawa says
That print! Gorgeous. I hope you girls had a great long weekend 🙂
Miki à la Mode says
Such a beautiful dress. So pretty! I love NYC. I used to fly there quite a bit for vacation when I lived in Toronto. I think last year I went 4-5x. Each time, I look for new places to try, but I love rooftop patios. Hoping to go for a visit again by January. I will definitely keep these suggestions in mind! Thanks for sharing!
Courtney's dress is what dreams are made of!! #6 sounds so fun, what a treat before going out. xoxo