SO excited to launch a new series we have been working on called the M&M (Mimosas & Manhattan) Community Series. This is essentially where our community (you all) sound off on how you feel, share your opinions, and start a conversation about everything from Instagram, to products, to work, dating, life in NYC/or wherever you live, and MORE! We have loved using IG stories in the past to poll you all on these topics but have been toying with the idea of creating a private facebook group in order to take things to the next level, creating a more conversational feel. Would love your input on this in the comments!
For the first series we took to IG Stories to ask you all about your Instagram Pet Peeves. We loved that none of you held back and some of these pet peeves we were quite literally laughing out loud over.
No one is exempt from these but it is nice to see and read what others, especially non bloggers think about some of these almost normal habits us bloggers/influencers/content creators have and do!
SHOP COURTNEYS LOOK
Sharing our Top 10 Favorite’s Below!
1. When #ad’s don’t have #AD – Readers and followers have caught on to the industry and tbh it is extremely easy now for the average consumer to spot an #ad. It does more harm than good not clarifying the partnership!
2. Influencers who only post #ad after #ad – We got this one A LOT. As I said in the first bullet, readers are smarter now than in the previous years when it comes to paid posts. They are extremely vigilant and if there is not a break up of organic content in between it could lose readers.
3. Outfit photos with a terrible pun in the caption – “I may look okay on the outside but deep down inside my left sock is sliding off my foot”, I know that is not a pun but you get the point!
4. APOLOGIES. No need for anyone to apologize for lack of posting! – Everyone has a life and it is OKAY to not document it all. Chances are your readers didn’t even notice!
5. Giveaways! – Majority of you said it is specifically the loop giveaways that make you follow 30+ people that really bother you!
6. When influencers act like they got a VIP invite to an event that is open to the public.
7. Double tap / heart if you agree! Fishing for comments/Likes. A lot of these really go back to people outside of the industry understanding it better and can ultimately see what it is you are doing/asking for.
8. When influencers trick me into buying crappy products like Tula face wash. I am copying these word for word LOL so I am not sure if Tula has crappy face wash or not but definitely making sure the product you are endorsing is worth their while!
9. A heartfelt post about Jesus, followed by a shameless LTK (LiketoKnowit) Plug – This one had be on the floor. Obviously linking your products to consumers is not in anyway a bad thing!! I think it is just being conscious about how you are doing it and if you do have a heartfelt message making sure the link is not overpowering the original message!
10. When bloggers complain about how uninspired they are by Instagram – I 100% agree with this one. I think in a way you are putting down so many others when making a blanket statement like the one above, even if you don’t mean it! Always being careful by the way you word things is key!
Hi! I LOVE this topic!!! And I love the honesty and organic nature of all your content.
One that really gets me…is having to tag friends to enter a competition?! I don’t want to pressure my friends by things I want and I end up zoning out then!!! I enjoy the blogger myself..i feel like this is a gimmick to beat rhe IG algorithm issue versus being authentic.
These other ones aren’t peeves necessarily but I feel for all you blogger folks at times:
i feel bad when you all apologize for going off on a rant because there are some real immature and despicable people out there (momshaming, or political reasons, or whatever). Even though you all put yourself out there publicly, it doesn’t mean we as the public can be mean or shame you in anyway…Hell..you all are people too!!! If someone can’t say anyyhing nice then don’t say it! Unfollowing a person for a disagreement of one thing or another…I mean dies that one thing you disagree on that major that you need to TELL the other person. I don’t know it’s annoying!
Thank you so much for your response – these are great to know and really informative. I totally understand what you mean by the apologies – We are both definitely guilty of that and it is good to know there are people out there that know we don’t need to apologize for our feelings.